The Independent Financial Advisor.
Hi, my name is Tim Mackay. My clients are smart people facing complex financial problems. They want to work with a trusted planner who gives them a sense of control and direction, and removes their concerns.
I am a director and owner at Quantum Financial, Australia’s most awarded financial planning practice. I serve a select group of successful pre-retirees and retirees looking to manage their family’s significant wealth and fund their dream retirement.
I write a regular opinion article for the Smart Money section of the Australian Financial Review. Prior to my role at Quantum Financial, I worked for a decade in investment banking (Deutsche Bank, UBS and HSBC) in London, New York & Sydney.
In 2017 & 2018 I was named in the Barron’s list of the top 50 financial advisors in Australia and I was also listed among Financial Standard’s most influential advisors. In 2015 I was recognised as the Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF) Advisor of the Year.
Outside of work, I am passionate about my young family, history, sport and travel.
Australian Financial Review articles by Tim Mackay you may find interesting:
- Industry funds’ DIY options could help you keep franking credits
- Complexity helps justify fees
- Top 100 SMSFs control $8 billion
- Banking royal commission: what SMSF investors need to know
- An SMSF action plan to keep your fund running smoothly
- Why inviting your kids into SMSF is a bad idea
- How to simplify your self-managed superannuation fund
- How to keep your SMSF alive
- When to close your SMSF
- Why SMSF advisers need to lift their game
- Should you really set up a self-managed superannuation fund?
- Who to include in your self-managed super fund
What are your financial worries?
Below are the type of clients whose financial problems I solve. Is this you?
Tim’s video series
I love reporting back to my clients on all the things I find fascinating about finance from all around the world.
Investing Insights research
I stress about markets, investments and your family’s wealth so that you don’t have to.
I developed my research skills when Deutsche Bank selected me for their graduate training program on Wall Street and then later in London with Deutsche, UBS and HSBC. While I’m a reformed analyst who now has seen the error of my ways, every 6 months we still share with our clients the extensive work and analysis we undertake to construct their wealth portfolios.
Profiles of Tim
Tim shares his views